Thaaat’s right. I’ve decided to embark on the Paleo Diet journey once again, this time for only 30 days (starting today).
I talk about the Paleo Diet and what it entails here. The only difference between this time and last time (besides the duration–last time I did it for 60 days) is that I will be able to eat eggs this time. I will still be staying away from nightshades, but that’s as a lifestyle rule anyway since I know that they are my main trigger for Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
So the big question in your mind is probably why? Pooja, you crazy lady, why are you doing the Paleo Diet again if you have already found your triggers?
I have several reasons:
- I have had some issues with my HS lately. Some of them have been stress-related, but I haven’t been careful enough about my eating habits and nightshades will sneak their way into your food if you’re not careful (in the form of even paprika or cayenne in a restaurant). I need to be more mindful of what I’m putting into my body and this will help get me started!
- I need to clear my body of HS issues, especially as marathon training picks up. It has kept me from diving into training the way I had been planning, and I know that my HS was the most subdued when I was on the Paleo Diet.
- Along the lines of marathon training, I was much more energetic when I was fueling my body with Paleo-friendly foods, so I want to dip back into that energy store and train like a beast!
- The change in energy and overall healthfulness was so gradual upon starting the diet, that I wasn’t very aware of it. It wasn’t like waking up one day and just feeling recharged and fantastic–it happened slowly. It wasn’t until I started reintroducing foods and felt my energy levels immediately sink that I realized how great I had felt during the diet.
- I realize that I didn’t blog much about the Paleo Diet and what I was eating/how I was feeling during it, and I would like to provide more insight into the diet and how great it made me feel. Get ready for thoughts, recipes, and tips on how to survive the Paleo Diet!
Anyway, those are my reasons and I’m excited to try this diet again and share my journey with you.
Please feel free to comment (or e-mail) and let me know if you’re on the Paleo Diet and have any tips/suggestions/questions for Round Two, or if you would just like to share your story!
Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Happy Inauguration Day!
What a wonderful day for our country!